REHA 3035 Therapeutic Recreation Professional Project
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 400254
Coordinator Nicole Peel Opens in new window
Description The aim of this unit is for students to explore the facilitation of therapeutic recreation interventions. Students will have opportunities to apply practical professional skills, including working through the treatment process and building rapport with individuals and groups. This unit is a hands on unit where students engage in mock activity interventions.
School Health Sciences
Discipline Rehabilitation Therapies, Not Elsewhere Classified.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
- Apply theories and principles to develop therapeutic/helping relationships.
- Utilise the recreation therapy framework in individual and group treatment.
- Apply evidenced based practice in recreational therapy contexts.
- Apply skills in developing evidence based treatment plans based on clients strengths and resources
- Design and adapt recreation therapy activities and treatments to meet individual needs.
- Facilitate therapeutic recreation treatments.
2. Instructional techniques in Therapeutic Recreation
3. Evidenced based practice in Therapeutic Recreation
4. Intervention techniques in Therapeutic Recreation
5. Helping and counselling theories in Therapeutic Recreation
6. Facilitation skills in Therapeutic Recreation
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Presentation: Therapeutic recreation theoretical facilitation session||15 minutes||15||N||Group|
|Applied project: Client program plan||1,000 words||25||N||Individual|
|Practical: Therapeutic recreation practical facilitation session||30 minutes||30||N||Both (Individual & Group)|
|Literature Review||1,500 words||30||N||Individual|
- Stumbo, N. and Wardlaw, (2011). Facilitation of therapeutic recreation services: An evidence-based and best practice approach to techniques and processes. State College, PA: Venture Publishing.
Sydney City Campus - Term 2
Subject Contact Andrey Zheluk Opens in new window
Subject Contact Nicole Peel Opens in new window