NATS 7044 Science and Health Research Project PG
Credit Points 20
Legacy Code 300742
Coordinator Samsul Huda Opens in new window
Description This is a 20 credit point year-long subject taken over two terms (10 credit points in each term). This subject develops critical and analytical skills by undertaking and completing a research project in an area of relevance. The project is carried out on an individual basis. Research projects are offered in consultation with staff who possess research interests and experience in relevant areas.
Discipline Natural and Physical Sciences, Not Elsewhere Classified.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Co-requisite(s) AGEN 7003 OR
Equivalent Subjects LGYB 8292 - Masters research project LGYB 9563 - Research Project 811 LGYB 9568 - Research Project 821 LGYB 9570 - Research Project 831 LGYB 9572 - Research Project - Science LGYB 9574 - Research Project 841 LGYA 6231 - Science Research Project PG
Enrolment in this subject by non-Master of Science or Master of Health Science students requires permission from the Director, Academic Program.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Utilise their knowledge of contemporary issues relevant to their study major in order to identify a suitable topic for further investigation.
- Prepare an appropriate research proposal for the investigation of research issues/problems appropriate to their study major (including an ethics review application, if applicable).
- Review and critique current literature relating to their study topic.
- Collect and analyse research data in their relevant area of specialisation.
- Discuss their research findings.
- Appropriately communicate their research plans, findings and recommendations by means of an oral presentation and a written report.
Knowledge and practice in applied research, specifically in relation to:
- literature Review
- research design
- Ethical conduct of research
- data collection
- data analysis
- research report writing
- dissemination of results
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Research Proposal including Research Ethics
|Research Project Report
|Approximately 7,500 words (depending on specialisation area)