ELEC 2012 Signals and Systems (WSTC AssocD)
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 700241
Coordinator Abbas Ranjbar Opens in new window
Description This unit aims to develop students understanding of continuous-time and discrete-time concepts and methods. It covers various signals and their analysis, as encountered in the fields of electrical, computer and telecommunication engineering.Offerings of alternate units are dependent on there being sufficient student enrolment numbers. If enrolments are low, the College may cancel delivery of the alternate unit.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Discipline Communications Technologies
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Equivalent Subjects ELEC 2011 - Signals and Systems
Restrictions Students must be enrolled at Western Sydney University, The College in 7022 Associate Degree in Engineering
- Explain common signal types and properties in electrical engineering
- Explain continuous-time, discrete-time, linear and non-linear systems
- Describe concepts of power, energy, power spectral density, energy spectral density of signals
- Determine impulse response, frequency response and stability of a system
- Apply the principle of convolution to solve problems in linear systems
- Perform Fourier analysis and Laplace analysis
- Apply Z-transforms to discrete-time systems
- Utilise MATLAB for solving signals and systems related problems
2. Time domain representations of linear-time invariant systems.
3. The Fourier series.
4. The Fourier transform and its applications.
5. The Laplace transform.
6. Discrete-time signals and systems and z-transforms.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Online Quizzes x 5||30 minutes x 5||15||N||Individual|
|Lab reports x 5||2 hours each||20||N||Both (Individual & Group)|
|Intra-session exam||1 hour||15||N||Individual|
|Final Exam||2 hours||50||N||Individual|
Nirimba Education Precinct
Subject Contact Abbas Ranjbar Opens in new window