FINC 1003 Professional Relationships and Communication in Business
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200747
Coordinator Joanne Ross Opens in new window
Description This unit will introduce students to and assist them in the development of a broad range of necessary skills required by today's professional advisers. Such skills are highly valued, transferable and universally recognised in the world of work and will assist students in managing their day to day relationships with clients and colleagues. Skills include: * Creation and on going maintenance of the client adviser relationship and a recognition of the importance of trust as the foundation of that relationship; * Identification of the broad needs of clients and an appreciation of differing levels of client financial literacy; * Communication and interpersonal skills which contribute to productive relationships with clients and colleagues; * Professional/Academic research and writing skills; * Enhanced team based skills that contribute to productive working relationships and outcomes.
Discipline Banking, Finance and Related Fields, Not Elsewhere Classified.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 1 subject
Equivalent Subjects LGYA 4516 - Financial Advisory Relationships
- Discuss what is meant by the term �eadvice�f in the context of varying professional environments;
- Demonstrate effective professional communication and interpersonal skills ? oral and written;
- Demonstrate effective research and writing skills in an academic and professional business context;
- Describe what is meant by financial literacy and is application to a variety of clients;
- Participate in teams which contribute to productive working relationships and outcomes;
- Demonstrate technological literacy that contributes to effective execution of tasks.
- communication and The professional adviser
- Working in teams
- academic and professional research and writing
- non verbal communication
- interpersonal skills
- oral communication
- financial literacy
- The advice process, stakeholders and The Regulatory environment
- ethics and Fiduciary relationships
- Behavioural finance and client engagement
- Conflict Resolution
- Mohan, T 2008, Communicating as Professionals, 2nd edition, Cenage Learning.