BUSM 3078 Business Report
Credit Points 20
Legacy Code 201043
Coordinator Dorothea Bowyer Opens in new window
Description This subject is designed to bring to life the knowledge gained during the students' study whilst applying it practically to diverse business contexts through a work integrated learning research project. The project will build on the comprehensive, coherent and connected knowledge gained in business specialisations to allow the student to explore and develop attributes required to be successful in contributing to outcomes in a business environment. Students will have an opportunity to work under the supervision of an academic on a research project. Assessment of the subject will include a formal research presentation to academics and/or industry. Entry to this subject is on a competitive basis. Contact the subject coordinator for details.
Discipline Business Management
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 20cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Students must have permission from the subject Coordinator and must have completed a minimum of 160 credit points (or equivalent) prior to undertaking this subject and must have 20 credit points of subjects available, within program allowances, to take this subject. The availability of supervision of projects, a student's ability to meet any special, safety, or identified persons requirements of a project site, the student's academic record and any record of misconduct, will also be considered.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Plan, organise and manage a business-related research project to completion;
- Identify and use research literature relevant to a specific business issue or project;
- Select and employ appropriate data collection methods;
- Synthesise theoretical knowledge and context specific information in relation to a specific business issue or project;
- Produce an analytical report including recommendations;
- Present in a formal environment to peers and academics.
- Planning and organisational skills
- Time management
- Project management
- Business research
- Report writing
- Presentation skills
- Data collection including field research
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Interview - Research Project Pitch||25 Minutes||20||N||Individual|
|Report - Research Report||6,000 words||50||N||Individual|
|Presentation - Research Presentation||25 minutes||30||N||Individual|
|Participation||Throughout semester- workshops (as timetabled for the unit) and meetings with supervisor and project hosts as required (scope of meetings to be set early in session)||S/U||Y||Individual|
- Schindler, P., 2019. Business Research Methods (13th ed.), Mcgraw-Hill,