PHIL 7012 Research Project in Philosophy
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 102382
Coordinator Paolo Bubbio Opens in new window
Description Research Project in Philosophy develops research techniques, understanding of methodologies, and procedures in planning and drafting a philosophical project. Through identifying contemporary issues and questions suitable for graduate-level research. Students will each develop an individual written project that articulates a coherent philosophical perspective. The aim of the unit is to develop students' understanding of philosophical vocabularies, specific discourses, and logics as they pertain to a particular philosophical issue or problem that they will address in writing.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
- Demonstrate advanced and integrated knowledge of distinct varieties of Continental philosophy in their contexts from a range of periods and places
- Explain changing theories, methods and concepts in Continental philosophy
- Use appropriate critical resources
- Demonstrate cognitive, creative and technical skills to generate and evaluate complex concepts at an abstract level
- Write at a high level in a range of critical and philosophical idioms
- Understanding The vocabularies, discourses and logics relevant to such problems
- identifying Philosophical strategies and methods
- contemporary research Projects in Review: identifying successful and influential texts and their techniques
- techniques of Philosophical contestation in advancing arguments
- structure of longer Philosophical texts
- writing strategies for graduate research texts
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Annotated Bibliography||1,000 words||25||N||Individual|
|Literature Review||1,500 words||25||N||Individual|
2022 Semester 1
Subject Contact Paolo Bubbio Opens in new window
Attendance Requirements 80% attendance rate is imposed in all core subjects’ due to the nature of class activities that are aligned with subject assessments.