MKTG 7017 Marketing Management
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200786
Coordinator Md Munir Hossain Opens in new window
Description Marketing Management is designed to provide an introduction to the key concepts, principles and practices that constitute the Marketing discipline. Marketing as a business philosophy that underpins the activities of the firm is a key focus. Areas covered include: the marketing process and marketing implementation; marketing and strategic planning, including return on marketing investment (ROMI); the marketing environment; marketing research and marketing information systems; consumer and business buying behaviour; market segmentation of consumer and business markets; product development and product management; brand management; pricing strategy; communication strategy; competitive marketing strategy; marketing implementation.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Equivalent Subjects MKTG 7018 - Marketing Management LGYC 1535 - Strategic Marketing
Students must be enrolled in 5502 Graduate Certificate in Business Administration, 2755 Master of Business Administration, 2757 Graduate Certificate in Business Administration, 2762 Executive Master of Business Administration
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a sound appreciation of the basic concepts of marketing theory and the application of those concepts;
- Articulate the components of strategic marketing management, of the nature of marketing systems, and of the dynamic and complex nature of marketplaces and marketing action;
- Identify and analyse marketplace phenomena including the relationship between an organisation, its market and its environment;
- Apply key marketing concepts and skills (e.g., market segmentation, product development, promotion planning, and development of strategies for competitive advantage) in the context of contemporary organisations.
Marketing process and marketing implementation
Marketing and strategic planning, including return on marketing investment (ROMI)
Marketing research and marketing information systems
Consumer and business buying behaviour
Product and brand development and management
Pricing and communication strategies
Competitive marketing strategy
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Key issue analysis report||750 words||15||N||Individual|
|Marketing plan report||3,500-4,000 words||25||N||Group|
|Group presentation of marketing plan||20 minutes||10||N||Group|
|Final examination (closed-book)||2 hours||50||Y||Individual|
- Kotler, P, & Keller, KL 2016 Marketing management, 15th edn, global edn, Pearson Education Limited, Harlow, Essex, England.