NURS 7043 Scholarship for Practice Change in Health Care
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 401085
Coordinator Sheree Smith Opens in new window
Description The transformation of practice in healthcare is facilitated when information about creative and innovative practice change and development is documented, disseminated and critiqued through professional channels such as peer reviewed journals, conference papers, discussion papers or project reports. In this subject students will be provided with an opportunity to produce a scholarly piece of work that will disseminate information about transforming practice and improving patient care. The subject aims to enhance scholarly communication skills, provide a vehicle for demonstrating leadership by informing the health professions of innovative solutions for practice change.
School Nursing & Midwifery
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Equivalent Subjects NURS 7044 - Transforming Nursing Practice
Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Identify an area for practice change in a health care setting/service
- Analyse key aspects of an area for practice change
- Generate recommendations/solutions for practice change
- Demonstrate skills of critical thinking, synthesis of information and coherent, succinct scholarly writing.
- preparation of An outline for practice change
- key aspects of Scholarly writing
- types of Scholarly outputs
- Searching The literature
- Analysing and synthesising The literature
- Critical reading for Critical writing
- Constructing A report
- Preparing A Discussion paper
- writing An abstract and Executive summaries
- Preparing A conference paper for presentation
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Outline of proposed scholarly output including search strategy||1500 words||40||N||Individual|
|Scholarly paper demonstrating skills of critique & synthesis of information to generate practice change||3000 words||60||N||Individual|
- There is no essential textbook.