BUSM 3083 Global Sports Management
Credit Points 10
Coordinator Jess Richards Opens in new window
Description Sport is a complex, multi-billion-dollar industry that attracts widespread global attention. However, the international nature of the sports industry presents many management challenges and opportunities for sports organisations. This subject explores the global nature of the sports industry and offers students insights into sports governance, tourism and marketing in an international context. Students will learn how governments and other organisations mobilise sport to achieve various social, cultural and financial outcomes that benefit both the business and the wider community.
Discipline Business and Management, Not Elsewhere Classified.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
- Assess the strategy and performance of sports businesses and organisations in an international sporting market.
- Critique the management of international sports for development and sports diplomacy projects.
- Analyse the role of the international sporting federations responsible for managing sport integrity in a global context.
- Evaluate strategies and current trends in sports tourism and mega-event management, drawing on international contexts and examples.
- Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and diversity in global sports management
- Role of international federations in managing sport
- Socio-economic impacts of sports mega-events and tourism management
- Social media, fan engagement and the marketing of global sport
- Global sport for development programs and initiatives
- Sport and international diplomacy
- Current trends and future challenges in global sport management
An iPad (or equivalent smart device) or laptop (PC/MAC) is essential to complete assessment items and engage in tutorial activities
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Portfolio||2500 words equivalent||40||N||Individual|
|Quiz||20 minutes (per Quiz)||30||N||Individual|
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Jess Richards Opens in new window