BUSM 7045 Innovation Through Digital Technology
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200845
Coordinator Qiuyan Fan Opens in new window
Description Business innovation in the Digital Economy recognises that current economic development and leadership is based on digitisation of the global economy. This unit provides a framework for understanding management issues, business development and technology use and change in the areas of innovation and digital business. The unit introduces students to various digital technologies and applications that companies need to address for creating new business opportunities in the fast changing global business environment. Students will develop an appreciation of digital business as a form of organisational innovation and the importance of innovation in the digital economy. Students will learn to formulate a digital business strategy for an organisation and understand various issues involved in digital business innovation. Students will be exposed to the University's business and technology incubator environment.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate Business program or be enrolled in the Master of Information and Communications Technology (Advanced), Master of Information and Communications Technology, Master of Chinese Cultural Relations, Graduate Certificate in Chinese Cultural Relations, Graduate Diploma in Chinese Cultural Relations or Master of Research.
- Describe and explain impact of digital technology on business, supported by exemplary examples of business digital innovation
- Recognise, describe and adopt digital business innovation and transformation in a changing world
- Apply tools and techniques to formulate digital business strategy for an organisation
- Identify and analyse how business innovation through digital technologies open up new opportunities and challenges for entrepreneurs in the digital economy
2. Industry dynamics of innovation through digital technology
- business model innovation in A digital World
- innovation in E-commerce
- digital innovation in business processes
- digital innovation in Marketing
3. Business strategy and digital transformation
- A framework for digital business strategy formulation and implementation
4. Issues and factors affecting the success of business innovation in the digital economy
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Final Exam||2 hours||50%||N||Individual|
- Chaffey, D, Hemphill, T & Edmundson-Bird, D 2019 Digital business and e-commerce management, 7th edn, Pearson Education, United Kingdom.
2022 Quarter 2
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Qiuyan Fan Opens in new window
Attendance Requirements 80% attendance rate is imposed in all core subjects’ due to the nature of class activities that are aligned with subject assessments.