HLTH 1020 Foundations of HPE
Credit Points 10
Coordinator Sarah Kennedy Opens in new window
Description This subject introduces foundational disciplinary knowledge and elementary principles of practice within sport, health, and physical education across a variety of contexts. It aims to commence the development of the key professional practices of the field, where students will learn the basic processes of design, implementation, and evaluation inherent in the teaching and learning cycle. This will require students to engage in a variety of practical activities such that they begin to understand the essential requirements for creating learning experiences in HPE and sport settings.
School Health Sciences
Discipline Human Movement
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 1 subject
Students must be enrolled in 4791 Bachelor of Health and Physical Education (Pathway to Teaching), 4792 Bachelor of Health and Physical Education, 6001 Diploma in Health Science/Bachelor of Health Science (Health and Physical Education), 4741 Bachelor of Sport Development, 4656 Bachelor of Health Science, 4742 Bachelor of Health Science (Health and Physical Education)-Pathway to Teaching (Secondary) or 4747 Bachelor of Health Science (Health and Physical Education)
- Identify how social justice principles can inform learning in, through and about health, physical education, and sport
- Create positive, safe, and enjoyable learning climates for young people in health, physical education, and sport contexts
- Demonstrate an understanding of the essential features of designing, implementing and evaluating learning in health, physical education, and sporting contexts
- Health and physical education: Where has it come from and where is it going?
- Models, styles, and principles of teaching and learning
- Justice, fairness, and equity as a framework for teaching and learning
- Creating positive and safe learning climates
- Planning for, leading, and assessing learning in movement activities
- Learning to be a scholar in the field
- - Child Protection training and Working with Children Check completion
Attend practical sessions with appropriate clothing, footwear and sun protection.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|2 page lesson plan and 15 minute peer teaching
|4 page activity descriptions and 10 minute presentation
|10 pages maximum
Subject Contact Sarah Kennedy Opens in new window