BEHV 7004 Assessment: Psychological Practice
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 102359
Coordinator Janet Conti Opens in new window
Description This unit will provide students with the skills to psychologically assess and diagnose a range of psychological disorders in adults and in children that are presented in psychological practice. This unit will be complemented by 102400 Assessment: Cognitive Functions in the second semester which will focus more on cognitive assessments. Upon completion of this unit, students will have an understanding of a range of assessment tools, their psychometric qualities, application and utility in a psychological practice. They will also develop skills in applying and interpreting assessment tools and how those tools may aid diagnostic and therapeutic processes.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Restrictions Restricted to Postgraduate students with an APAC accredited 4 year psychology sequence.
- Define the principle of clinical assessment.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of assessment application at diagnostic and therapeutic levels.
- Compare a range of different assessment tools, their psychometric properties and application
- Apply knowledge of assessment tools across a range of diagnostic and therapeutic contexts
- Demonstrate skills in conducting and interpreting assessment.
- Formulate and appropriately communication assessment results to clients and other professionals.
Assessing Mood Disorders and Self-Harm Risk
Assessing Anxiety Disorders
Assessing Child Behavioural and Emotional Functioning
Assessing OCD and Related Disorders
Assessing Personality and Aptitudes
Assessing Chronic Pain and Physical Disability
Assessing Trauma & Related Disorders
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Interview: Assessment||30 minutes||30||Y||Individual|
|GP Assessment Report||2,000 words||20||Y||Individual|
|Final Exam: Short-answer Questions Exam||2 hours||50||Y||Individual|