MKTG 7006 Contemporary Issues in Marketing
Legacy Code 200730
Coordinator Farid Ahmed Opens in new window
Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Develop as an autonomous learner and independent thinker able to crtically evaluate marketing issues.
- Apply critical marketing theory to contempory marketing problems/issues
- Assess the impact of current and future trends on the role and implementation of international marketing strategies
- Predict trends and provide marketing strategies for the future using scenario planning techniques
- this subject will deal with a wide range of contemporary marketing issues using a critical framework. The subject content will vary from semester to semester but will included issues such as:
- Dealing with Complexity, and environmental turbulence
- Trends: A call for Environmental Friendly Products; Growing Influence of Religion on Business Strategies; Impact of Technology; Climate Change
- implications of changing economies
- corporate social responsibility