MKTG 7006 Contemporary Issues in Marketing
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200730
Coordinator Farid Ahmed Opens in new window
Description This unit aims to build upon the knowledge gained in the foundation marketing and business units by applying the knowledge gained in that unit to specific contemporary conceptual and empirical issues in international marketing. Topics include dealing with complexity and environmental turbulence, sustainability, corporate social responsibility as well as implications of changing economies.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Equivalent Subjects LGYA 4768 - Contemporary Issues in International Marketing
Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Develop as an autonomous learner and independent thinker able to crtically evaluate marketing issues.
- Apply critical marketing theory to contempory marketing problems/issues
- Assess the impact of current and future trends on the role and implementation of international marketing strategies
- Predict trends and provide marketing strategies for the future using scenario planning techniques
- this subject will deal with a wide range of contemporary marketing issues using a critical framework. The subject content will vary from semester to semester but will included issues such as:
- Dealing with Complexity, and environmental turbulence
- Trends: A call for Environmental Friendly Products; Growing Influence of Religion on Business Strategies; Impact of Technology; Climate Change
- implications of changing economies
- corporate social responsibility