RADI 7015 Principles of Vascular Sonography 1
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 401292
Coordinator Donna Oomens Opens in new window
Description In Autumn 2024, this subject replaced by RADI 5001 - Physics in Diagnostic Ultrasound. In this subject, students will study two essential areas of knowledge for vascular sonographers: I. cardiovascular anatomy and physiology and II. ultrasound physics. The normal anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system, and the key physics principles utilized in ultrasound imaging will comprise the majority of the subject content. This subject provides an essential basis for future study in the Graduate Diploma in Vascular Sonography.
Student Contribution Band
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Co-requisite(s) RADI 7011 - Practice of Vascular Sonography 1
Students must be enrolled in 4765 Graduate Diploma in Vascular Sonography
Basic human anatomy, physiology and mathematics.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Examine the normal features of cardiovascular anatomy and its development (CLO 1)
- Analyse the central principles related to the transmission and interaction of ultrasound with human tissue and how ultrasound images are displayed. (CLO 2)
- Apply self-directed learning strategies to enhance professional learning in vascular sonography (CLO 5)
- cardiovascular Anatomy and physiology I
1. Features of the cardiovascular system and its development
2. Arterial and venous anatomy of the head, neck and upper limbs
3. Arterial and venous anatomy of the abdomen and lower limbs
- Ultrasound physics I
1. Introduction to ultrasound instrumentation
2. Pulsed Ultrasound
3. Doppler principles
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Final Exam||120 minutes||50||N||Individual|
- Gill R. The Physics and Technology of Diagnostic Ultrasound: A Practitioner's Guide. 2nd Ed. Sydney, Australia: High Frequency Publishing; 2020
Subject Contact Donna Oomens Opens in new window