BUSM 1030 The Business of Hospitality
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200988
Coordinator Tim Hall Opens in new window
Description The Business of Hospitality employs a case study approach to examine successful hospitality operations and develop an understanding of what is required to plan, design, deliver and manage engaging hospitality experience as the foundation of prosperous hospitality operation. In considering the broader context of the hospitality industry, students will be given the opportunity to explore where they may fit within a hospitality context.
Discipline Hospitality Management
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 1 subject
Incompatible Subjects BUSM 3047 - Managing Service and Experience
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Distinguish between the various sectors of the hospitality industry and state the operational differences between these sectors;
- Explain the difference in providing a customer experience as opposed to providing customer service;
- Describe the relationship of hospitality to a broader societal context;
- Define the issues and trends that face the hospitality industry today.
- Starting out in The hospitality industry
- delivering Customer experiences
- quality and control within hospitality
- innovation in hospitality
- social good through hospitality
- hospitality in A broader context
- You in hospitality
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Case Study||3,000 words||30||N||Individual|
|Final Exam||2 hours||40||N||Individual|
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Tim Hall Opens in new window
View timetable Opens in new window
Sydney City Campus - Term 2 (2022)
Subject Contact Daniel Townsend Opens in new window