LAWS 2012 Regulatory Risk and Compliance
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200928
Coordinator Margaret Hyland Opens in new window
Description This subject aims to provide business students with the foundations for identifying, establishing and developing an organisation's regulatory risk and compliance framework. To achieve this, the subject will analyse current theory, international best practices, as well as key commercial law obligations, which Australian businesses are expected to comply with.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Pre-requisite(s) LAWS 1004 OR
- Demonstrate the relationship between legal risk, risk management, an effective compliance framework and good governance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various legal compliance and risk management standards.
- Apply an understanding of the key elements of establishing an effective compliance programme and risk management system for Australian businesses.
2. Integrating risk management within an organisation's legal compliance framework.
3. The foundation for developing an effective legal compliance framework.
4. An overview of the key legal compliance obligations in financial services law, company law, competition and consumer law, privacy law, and tax law.
- TBA (under development by School of Law)