LANG 3074 Spanish 301
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 101953
Coordinator Ignacio Garcia Opens in new window
Description This unit is a Level 3 component of the Spanish major. It is intended for students who have already acquired a high intermediate level of proficiency and who wish to consolidate and improve this proficiency. It enhances students' knowledge and comprehension of Spanish grammar, and develops their ability to apply such grammatical knowledge in their spoken and written language.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Discipline Southern European Languages
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Equivalent Subjects LGYA 1585 - Language and Grammatical Concepts 3A Spanish
All level 2 Spanish subjects or equivalent knowledge.
- Demonstrate an advanced level of receptive and active lexical skills
- Identify and apply strategies to overcome oral/aural difficulties and achieve communication in Spanish.
- Demonstrate understanding of the rules of Spanish grammar
- Apply this grammatical knowledge to monitoring their own written production
- Process and summarise text materials in Spanish written by native speakers for native speakers
- Compose correctly written texts in Spanish which can address a variety of situations
- Demonstrate aural comprehension and oral production skills in Spanish at a level that enables them to engage in meaningful conversation with native speakers
. Aural comprehension practice in Spanish by listening to authentic language
. Speaking practice in Spanish in spontaneous and prepared discussions as well as short talks on a variety of topics
. Practice in reading a variety of Spanish materials and exercises on material read
. Practice in various forms of writing in Spanish
. Vocabulary extension exercises incorpoated into points above
- Chamorro Guerrero, M.D. et al. (2010). Abanico. Nueva Edicion. Barcelona: Difusion.