LAWS 3066 Revenue Law Industry Placement
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 201007
Coordinator Elen Seymour Opens in new window
Description This work integrated learning unit builds upon the knowledge base of 200019 Revenue Law to provide industry experience for later year Law students. Students who have successfully completed 200019 Revenue Law with a Credit or above result will be eligible to apply for this industry experience. The placement will consist of a full time four week placement at the Australian Tax Office or other suitable workplace approved by the School of Law. Students will work in various practice areas with an emphasis on technical legal issues and will be supervised by senior staff members. The unit will provide students with practical and real-life work experience and will provide students with an appreciation of the professional responsibilities essential for 21st century legal practitioners.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Pre-requisite(s) LAWS 4008
Restrictions Students must have completed 200019 Revenue Law at credit level or above. Enrolment in the subject is by invitation only following a call for expressions of interest and a merit selection based on a 500 word submission outlining the student�fs interest in the placement and his or her Grade Point Average in the program. Selection will broadly reflect the diversity of applicants. Applicants must also meet any workplace requirements.
- Examine the operation of taxation law in practical contexts;
- Solve taxation law problems for clients in practical contexts;
- Communicate relevant information about contemporary legal taxation issues to clients and peers;
- Reflect on the students�f learning and professional development needs;
- Perform legal writing tasks and critical thinking tasks within a practical legal and taxation context.
- orientation for work placement in industry
- 4 weeks?f work placement in industry
- Zoom discussion session (all students, end of week 2)
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Pre-placement Reflections||500 words||20||N||Individual|
|Placement Plan||1,000 words||30||N||Individual|
|Post-placement Reflections||2,000 words||50||N||Individual|