BUSM 7028 Entrepreneurial Management Capabilities
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200850
Coordinator Hugh Pattinson Opens in new window
Description Developing innovation and entrepreneurial capability is essential for small, medium and large businesses. This subject introduces students to practical and applied knowledge supported by theory, concepts, frameworks for understanding and developing innovation and entrepreneurial thought, capability, infrastructure and platforms. Students will be exposed to leadership and approaches to the development of new products, services, processes and business models, with support from Western Sydney University's Launch Pad Technology Business Incubator.
Discipline Business And Management
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate Business program or be enrolled in the 3698 Master of Information and Communications Technology (Advanced), 3693 Master of Engineering or 3699 Master of Information and Communications Technology.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Identify key underlying principles for innovation and entrepreneurship;
- Illustrate the importance of innovation and entrepreneurial leadership in an applied enterprise context;
- Evaluate contemporary and emerging issues in innovation and entrepreneurship;
- Apply contemporary and emerging innovation and entrepreneuship principles and frameworks to evaluation and development of ideas into commercialised products, services and business models.
- innovation and Entrepreneurship theory and frameworks
- entrepreneurial leadership
- Innovation and entrepreneurship for new ventures (start-ups) and spin-offs from existing organisations
- Models and frameworks for ideation and Commercialisation of new products, services, processes and business Models
- contemporary and emerging Issues in innovation and Entrepreneurship
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
- A set of readings and links under the name of �gEntrepreneurial Management Capabilities: Readings and Links�h
Quarter 4 (2024)
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Hugh Pattinson Opens in new window