CIVL 7013 Deep Foundations
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 301015
Coordinator Samanthika Liyanapathirana Opens in new window
Description This unit covers advanced analysis and design criteria for deep foundations. Both statically and dynamically loaded deep foundations are covered including the site investigation methods and field testing methods adopted in practice for determining integrity and load carrying capacity. Appropriate computer software will be introduced to carry out the deep foundation design according to the Australian Standards.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program
- Design piled raft foundations
- Interpret and apply Australian standards for design of deep foundations
- Identify pile load and integrity testing methods suitable for different conditions
- Describe site investigation methods appropriate for different site conditions
- Evaluate settlement, lateral deformation and load carrying capacity of deep foundations
2. Analysis and design of deep foundations subjected to axial and lateral loading, according to Australian Standards.
3. Piled raft foundations
4. Design of deep foundations for seismically active regions
5. Pile load and integrity testing methods for Deep foundations
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Quiz (Online)||1 hour||20||N||Individual|
|Design Project (Individual)||40 pages||30||Y||Individual|
|Final exam||2 hour||50||Y||Individual|
2022 Semester 1
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Samanthika Liyanapathirana Opens in new window
Attendance Requirements 80% attendance rate is imposed in all core subjects’ due to the nature of class activities that are aligned with subject assessments.