COMM 3048 Immersive Screen Media
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 102832
Coordinator Rachel Bentley Opens in new window
Description New technology developments have facilitated the integration and design of immersive technologies to more fully engage audiences with narratives and brands. In this unit students will study user engagement and visual effects theory and analyse the application of these theories and business models on innovative commercial and creative industries case studies. Students will be introduced to using immersive cross platform technologies and 360 filming. Students will develop a scoping and design template for their own project concept. The project proposal will outline the rationale, using visual design elements and compositing requirements, to build a multi-layered digital experience for a venue, project or brand.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Discipline Communication and Media Studies, Not Elsewhere Classified.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Pre-requisite(s) COMM 1037
- Analyse and evaluate a range of immersive technologies and their uses in business and creative industries
- Explain the rationale for, and the range of, business models evolving in the development of trans media content
- Analyse current user experience and visual design theories applied to case studies
- Interpret and apply pre-production strategies to the conceptualisation and development of techniques to develop an immersive project
- Apply creative scoping and project management to the development of audio and video production projects
- Create and publish media content for online platforms
Immersive Technology tools and formats (immersive, 360, animated, online interactive, transmedia)
Case studies of commercial and innovative project design
Practice-base workshop in 360 filming and basic compositing
Reflecting on practice and publishing to a personal web portfolio
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Critical Review||1200 words||30||N||Individual|
|Applied project||1500 words||40||N||Individual|
|Applied project||10 minute presentation||10||N||Group|
|Practical||(10% for practical role and 10% content production)||20||N||Group|
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Subject Contact Rachel Bentley Opens in new window