BLDG 4001 Building Design Project 1
Credit Points 20
Legacy Code 301099
Coordinator Don Mason Opens in new window
Description In this subject students will source a suitable design project to complete as a capstone work which illustrates the skills they have developed throughout their study program. The project will contain a level of complexity exceeding that of previous building designs produced in the program. Diverse stakeholder input on the projects impact will be gathered and assessed.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Discipline Construction Engineering
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 20cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 4 subject
Pre-requisite(s) BLDG 3001
Incompatible Subjects CIVL 4018 Building Design Project 1 (Honours)
Students must be enrolled in Bachelor of Building Design Management or Diploma in Building Design Management/Bachelor of Building Design Management. Students must have successfully completed 220 credit points.
Students should be familiar with the content from the first three years of the Building Design Management degree, including expertise in CAD, iterative design process and construction technology.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Generate a design brief for a building project with sufficient detail to make a preliminary judgement on project feasibility
- Construct a performance specification for a building design based on careful analysis of site conditions
- Provide justification for particular design decisions which would result in making appropriate design choices
- Reflect on feedback relating to the proposed sketch design and make responsive changes on the issues raised
- Illustrate the building design through a fully rendered 3D CAD model
Planning approval requirements
Complex and high-rise building projects
Buildings incorporating multiple usages
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|3D CAD model and 500 word explanation
|3D CAD model and 2D drawings
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Subject Contact Don Mason Opens in new window