Western Sydney University Handbook
Welcome to the Handbook and Curriculum pages
The Handbook is where you will find descriptions of all programs and subjects offered at Western Sydney University.
The new 2022 Handbook has been revamped to work with our new student management system. You will see new terminologies being used in the new Handbook – for example, UNITS are now called SUBJECTS. Subject codes have four letters, a space, then four numbers. The space is required when searching, for example ACCT 3001 should be entered into the search, and not ACCT3001.
Further help and information can be found at the following links.
- Glossary and how-to information
- Older versions of the curriculum can be accessed through the archives of the Legacy Handbook
- Searching for subjects by term of offer will be available in this Handbook in the coming months. MySR can be used to search by subject offering. See the How to search for a subject offering guide
2021 Handbook and older
The legacy handbook, which lists all the units on offer in 2021, will still be available until early 2022 for continuing students. Follow this link to go to the legacy handbook.
How to use the new Handbook
- First search for your Program code by using the magnifying glass icon at the top right of the page.
If you can’t find your program, it may be part of our continuing curriculum in our legacy handbook http://handbook.westernsydney.edu.au/hbook/
- Check that the Program commencement date is on or after the date that you commenced your study in the Program. If not, follow the relevant link on the page to go to the correct version on the legacy handbook
- Use the Sequence or Structure tabs on the Program page to find links to related Subjects, or related Majors and Minors
- The Subject Detail pages include information that replaces Unit Outlines.
If you need to refer to previous unit outlines visit the Unit Outlines Archive section of the legacy handbook http://handbook.westernsydney.edu.au/hbook/