MKTG 3019 Marketing and Digital Communications
Credit Points 10
Coordinator Michael Lwin Opens in new window
Description The evolving role of digital technologies and digital media has changed how marketers effectively manage a communication campaign in the digital age. This unit offers insights into marketing communication strategies that can effectively reach tech savvy audiences. The principles taught in this unit will provide a strong understanding of the communication process and help utilise the marketing communications mix (advertising, sales promotions, personal selling, sponsorship marketing, public relations, and direct marketing) more effectively. Students completing this unit will be able to build and manage marketing and digital communication campaigns.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Pre-requisite(s) MKTG 1006
Equivalent Subjects MKTG 2006 - Marketing Communications
Students should have foundation knowledge in marketing principles and customer experience.
- Apply the marketing communication principles to develop a campaign that reach and engage with customers.
- Provide a critical analysis of advertisements and recommend strategies to improve the effectiveness.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of digital media, traditional media, and non-traditional media.
- Analyse campaign metrics to measure the campaign�fs success.
- Communicate clearly and concisely (concepts, analyses and recommendations) in a range of formats and following academic integrity.
2. Communication frameworks and theories
3. Segmentation and targeting strategies
4. Application of new technologies in a communication campaign
5. Effectiveness of digital media, traditional media, and non-traditional media
6. Analytics and metrics to measure the success of the campaign
- Chitty, W, Luck, E, Barker, N & Valos, M, Integrated marketing communications, 4th Asia Pacific edn, Cengage Learning Australia. [Or latest edition]
2022 Semester 2
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Michael Lwin Opens in new window