TOUR 6002 Critical Issues for Heritage and Tourism Futures: Assessed Seminars
Credit Points 10
Coordinator Felicity Picken Opens in new window
Description The world in which we live is undergoing rapid change – socially, environmentally, and politically. Responding to such change requires the constant renewal of our knowledge and skills. This subject explores a range of issues currently facing professionals and researchers working in heritage and tourism management, nationally and internationally. Students who complete this subject are provided an opportunity to deepen their understanding of a chosen issue by preparing and presenting a seminar.
School Social Sciences
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 6 subject
Students must be enrolled in one of the following programs AND have passed 40 credit points:
- 1920 Master of Sustainable Tourism and Heritage
- 8083 Bachelor of Research Studies
- 8084 Master of Research (High Cost)
- 8085 Master of Research (Low Cost),
- 0320 Sustainable Tourism and Visitor Economies, Postgraduate Major
A basic understanding of contemporary issues in tourism and heritage is desirable.
- Assess critical and/or controversial issues facing the tourism and heritage sectors, nationally and internationally.
- Develop and express a critical position on an issue related to tourism and/or heritage to stimulate collective and constructive debate.
- Communicate an in-depth understanding of an issue using relevant and illustrative case studies.
- Organise and present a seminar session.
- Heritage, tourism and climate change.
- Heritage, tourism and decolonisation.
- Heritage, tourism and sustainable futures.
- Heritage, tourism and international development.
- Heritage, tourism and urban transformations.
- Heritage, tourism and race.
- 7. Heritage, tourism and migration.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
- There is no set text for this subject. A weekly reading list with links to readings will be made available on vUWS.
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Felicity Picken Opens in new window