CART 7019 Writing Process
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 102499
Coordinator George Haddad Opens in new window
Description In Quarter 4 2023, this subject is replaced by CART 6006 - Creative Non-Fiction. This subject will consider elements of the physical world around us: the phenomena we inhabit which form our sense of self. Focusing on literature and how meaning is created in literary form the subject will consider the interaction between the created world and the real world. It will focus on method and process in writing. In doing this it will engage with ideas from a number of areas, including science, philosophy, and literary theory in considering particular aspects of both our interaction with world, and how it shapes us, and the manner in which art shapes and forces itself upon the world. A specific theme related to the process of creation in art will be addressed.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Discipline Creative Arts, Not Elsewhere Classified.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Equivalent Subjects CART 7017 - World (Art and Nature)
Students must be enrolled in 1831 Master of Arts in Literature and Creative Writing or 8083 Bachelor of Research Studies
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Apply phenomological methods to the analysis of everyday experience
- Characterise how conceptual approaches from the sciences might be integrated with artistic or cultural expression
- Reflect upon the nature of the interaction between ideas and bodies
- Generate a creative or criticial piece of writing that considers the nature of the interaction between the natural world and the worlds expressed in imaginative forms
- Analyse the different and complimentary potentials of thinking in sicence and thinking in the arts
- Contrast the descriptions of the world possible through art and science.
- physical phenomena and how we engage with them
- The interaction between science and The Arts
- The representation of embodied thought
- The idea of The World and its reflection in Creative forms
- Understanding through art, Understanding through science
- The feeling of ideas.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Subject Contact George Haddad Opens in new window