NURS 4008 Nursing Honours Thesis B (Full-time)
Credit Points 40
Legacy Code 400203
Coordinator Antoinette Cotton Opens in new window
Description This unit aims to provide an opportunity for students to plan and implement a research project related to nursing which results in the production of a thesis. In consultation with an academic supervisor, the student will select a topic, conduct a literature review, design a research study, and report the findings and their implications. Attendance and participation at research seminars/colloquia is expected.
School Nursing & Midwifery
Discipline General Nursing
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 40cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 4 subject
A basic knowledge of research methods at undergraduate level or equivalent is required.
- Investigate a health or nursing related issue or problem in depth through a review of the literature;
- Identify a researchable question related to a health or nursing issue or problem;
- Develop a research proposal;
- Obtain formal approvals for research, e.g. ethical approval, where required;
- Perform data collection and data analysis relevant to the research proposal;
- Contribute to discussions about the research process with professional colleagues; and
- Produce a thesis of the prescribed length and format which demonstrates proficiency in the execution of the study and ability to effectively communicate results and conclusions.
- completion of An Honours degree requires The ability to be able to complete A major piece of work within A set time frame. The size and scope of The work should be considered in relation to time and resource requirements.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Thesis||No longer than 20,000 words of written text (this does not include the reference list or appendices)||100||N||Individual|
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Attendance Not required
Subject Contact Antoinette Cotton Opens in new window