TEAC 1034 Ways with Words and Images
Legacy Code 102633
Coordinator Erin Mackenzie Opens in new window
Student Contribution Band
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Students must be enrolled in the Bachelor of Education (Primary).
1. Describe how texts vary according to purpose, audience and situation.
2. Develop a metalanguage for understanding written, visual and multimodal texts.
3. Develop critical media literacies in close study of literary and factual texts.
4. Apply a range of theories to read, view, interpret and analyse a range of texts.
5. Explain how selection of words, phrases, images, structure, composition influences meaning within different subject disciplines.
• Variation of written and visual texts according to their social purpose, audience and situation.
• Grammars and affordances of written, visual and multimodal texts
• Critical media literacy, including fake news, posters, credibility of sources, (ethical) stance, related to choice of language and images,
• Construction of written and visual texts in different disciplines, for example, Science, History, Art
Jones, P., & Derewianka, B. (2016). Teaching language in context (2nd ed.). Melbourne, Vic.: Oxford University Press.