MKTG 3006 Incubator 7: Growth and Exit Strategies
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 301172
Coordinator Anton Bogdanovych Opens in new window
Description This unit will assist students with selecting the further growth strategy, which includes deciding whether their business would grow organically or will require a fast growth model and rapid expansion strategies. The growth strategy will determine further funding decisions. Apart from this, as entrepreneurs, the students would need to also consider possible exit strategies (e.g. initial public offering (IPO), trade sales or personal redundancies). This objective is driven through a number of topics such as: elements of market research and strategies for business growth, risk management, possible exit strategies, etc. The unit will be delivered through a number of modules. As a tangible outcome, at the completion of this unit, students would have developed a future growth plan with an identification of possible exit strategies. NOTE: This unit is offered at the Werrington Campus "Launch Pad".
School Computer, Data & Math Sciences
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
- Conduct market research and identify possible business growth areas
- Analyse competition and possible collaboration opportunities
- Demonstrate an understanding of legal implications associated with expansion options
- Analyse personal and organisational effects with various exit strategies
2. Risk management, collaboration, competition, and legal protection.
3. Further growth and expansion strategies.
4. Exit strategies such as IPO, trade sales or personal redundancies.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
2022 Semester 2
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Subject Contact Anton Bogdanovych Opens in new window
Attendance Requirements 80% attendance rate is imposed in all core subjects’ due to the nature of class activities that are aligned with subject assessments.