LANG 3080 Spanish 307: Classical Literature
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 100157
Coordinator Ignacio Garcia Opens in new window
Description This unit provides an introduction to the social and cultural history of Spain of the Sixteenth and Seventeenth centuries, and to the principal literary monuments of this period. The unit is based on the study of selected representative texts and appropriate background readings.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
- become familiar with main historical events during the Habsbourg monarchy;
- delve into the culture of the Renaissance and the Baroque periods in Spain;
- improve their reading skills through the reading of works of the major Golden Age poets and prose and play writers;
- learn to analyse some of the great masterpieces of literature during this period;
- acquire the vocabulary necessary to be able to discuss and write about the message, structure, historical and cultural context of these texts.
- general introduction to The culture of The Renaissance and Baroque periods.
- An Overview of The history of literature of The Golden Age period.
- Examination of A selection of representative poems, novels and plays from this period.