INFO 7005 IT Project Management
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 300260
Coordinator Bahman Javadi Jahantigh Opens in new window
Description This subject is designed to provide students with an opportunity to learn and apply the knowledge, values and skills of consultancy, project management, and research by undertaking an IT project. The subject covers preparing and presenting project proposals in various ICT areas, project management, time management, communication skills, and the evolving legal, ethical, and social responsibilities of IT professionals. Students will work in teams under the supervision of a staff member, to plan and investigate their project.
School Computer, Data & Math Sciences
Discipline Other Information Technology
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
Understanding of systems analysis and design principles.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Develop business cases and proposals for various IT projects
- Demonstrate understanding of issues in IT project management
- Demonstrate competence in project management, researching, planning, carrying out and evaluating an IT project
- Work with people, in a small project team, managing their own time
- Write, produce and present review reports of their progress
- Demonstrate professional commitment and understanding of legal, ethical and social issues
- Demonstrate communication skills using different and new media
Developing business cases for IT projects
Developing project proposals
Challenges and failures in IT project managements
Recent project management methodologies
Developing consultancy and research skills
Presentation skills and inter-personal skills
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|10-page for part-1 and 15-page for part-2