LAWS 4003 Advanced Taxation Law
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200186
Coordinator James Paterson Opens in new window
Description Advanced Taxation law broadens and deepens the student's knowledge of taxation and revenue law by building upon existing knowledge of, and adding new topics to, those covered in 200187 Taxation Law and 200019 Revenue Law. Such topics include consideration fo the tax policy framework, superannuation and also further aspects of income, deductions, entity tax, tax administration, aspects of international tax and Goods and Services Tax.
Discipline Taxation Law
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 4 subject
Equivalent Subjects LGYA 9868 - Advanced Taxation Law LGYB 8506 - Advanced Taxation Law
- Analyse elements of the Australian Income Tax System and Goods and Services Tax System;
- Analyse the economic, social justice and ethical considerations involved in the formulation and application of taxation policy and law to different members of our community;
- Solve practical tax law problems and issues including tax calculations;
- Effectively use a range of research tools to locate and evaluate the quality, currency and relevance of legal information.
Assessable Income: Advanced concepts
Capital Gains Tax: Special Topics
Taxation of Entities
Taxation of Superannuation
Tax Avoidance: Specific provisions
Tax Administration: Registration, Collection and Recovery
International Tax (Advanced)
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Final Exam||2 hours||50||Y||Individual|
- Stephen Barkoczy, Foundations of Taxation Law 2021 (Oxford University Press, 13th edition, 2021) (the 2020 edition is acceptable)
- Kerrie Sadiq, Dale Pinto Fundamental Tax Legislation 2021 (Thomson Reuters, 2021) OR Stephen Barkoczy Core Tax Legislation and Study Guide 2021 (Oxford Univesity Press, 24th edition, 2021) (Students may use 2020 editions)
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact James Paterson Opens in new window