MKTG 3023 Incubator 6: Funding a Start-up
Credit Points 10
Coordinator Anton Bogdanovych Opens in new window
Description This subject investigates various funding opportunities available for startup businesses. Theoretical knowledge and real-world experiences are blended to ensure students are knowledgeable, immersed in and connected with the Australian funding ecosystem. Students finish the subject with knowledge of the different funding sources to explore on the startup journey, and an increased social capital with Australian funders.
School Computer, Data & Math Sciences
Discipline Business and Management, Not Elsewhere Classified.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Equivalent Subjects MKTG3005
After successful completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- Identify the main actors in the Australian funding ecosystem.
- Analyse the criteria and funding options for new business opportunities.
- Apply primary research skills to explore preferred funding options.
- Identify key lessons from successfully funded ventures.
- Apply communication and collaboration skills in a relatable and inclusive manner for a range of audiences.
- Apply negotiating skills and tactics.
- Types of funding
- Stages of funding
- Business setup for funding
- Types of investors, choosing and managing investors
- Choosing startups to invest in
- Ways to pitch for funds
- Applications for funding
- Termsheets and due diligence
- Negotiation tactics
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|20 min interview recording + 10 minute debrief
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Anton Bogdanovych Opens in new window