ELEC 7005 Advanced Signal Processing
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 300596
Coordinator Jeffrey Zou Opens in new window
Description This unit covers the principles and techniques in signal processing. The subject matter includes advanced topics in discrete-time signals and systems, the z-transform and its applications in signal processing, advanced topics in the sampling of continuous-time signals, FIR and IIR filter design, filter structures, and the discrete Fourier transform and its computation. Students develop skills of analysing and designing digital signal processing systems.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Discipline Electrical And Electronic Engineering And Technology
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Equivalent Subjects LGYA 5840 - Signal Processing 1
Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program
Engineering mathematics, circuit theory, signals and systems.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Analyse discrete-time signals and systems mathematically;
- Explain the z-transform and its applications in signal processing mathematically;
- Explain the sampling of continuous-time signals mathematically;
- Design FIR and IIR filters;
- Analyse filter structures mathematically;
- Explain the discrete Fourier transform mathematically and apply it to signal processing.
Advanced topics in discrete-time signals and systems
The z-transform and its applications in signal processing
Advanced topics in the sampling of continuous-time signals
FIR and IIR filter design
The discrete Fourier transform and its computation
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Three laboratory||5 pages each||20||N||Individual|
|Mid-Semester Test||1.5 hours||30||N||Individual|
|Final examination||2 hour||50||N||Individual|
- Oppenheim, AV & Schafer, RW 2010, Discrete-time signal processing, 3rd edn, Pearson, Upper Saddle River, NJ.
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Jeffrey Zou Opens in new window