TOUR 6004 Data Capture and Creative Communication
Credit Points 10
Coordinator Donna James Opens in new window
Description This subject provides students with the knowledge and skills to creatively address a range of operational and engagement challenges in the tourism, heritage and visitor economy sectors. Through practical application and class-based theory, students will have the opportunity to learn a variety of data-capture and creative communication techniques, including: safe drone operation, high quality audio-visual recording, video editing, digital mapping, and graphic design for marketing, interpretation and public engagement.
School Social Sciences
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 6 subject
A basic understanding of marketing principles is desirable.
- Apply operational theories to fly a small drone (<2kg) with mounted mobile phone camera in accordance with safety protocols and remotely piloted aircraft legislations.
- Capture audio and video material and edit these into a professional video.
- Create simple maps using specialist software.
- Analyse spatial data for the purposes of operational planning.
- Use graphic design principles and software to create marketing and interpretation materials.
- Small drone operation (<2kg) and safety protocols, using a mounted mobile phone camera to capture audio-visual data.
- Audio-visual editing skills using Adobe Premiere Rush (free software).
- Operational mapping skills using Geographical Information Systems (GIS).
- Graphic design of marketing and interpretation materials using Adobe Illustrator.
- Professional communication with industry partners to co-design resources that fulfil a business need.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Applied Project||3 minute edited video||25||N||Individual|
|Applied Project||1,000 words||25||N||Individual|
- There is no set text for this subject. A weekly reading list with links to readings will be made available on vUWS.
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Donna James Opens in new window