TOUR 6004 Data Capture and Creative Communication
Credit Points 10
Coordinator Donna James Opens in new window
Description This subject provides students with the knowledge and skills to creatively address a range of operational and engagement challenges in the tourism, heritage and visitor economy sectors. Through practical application and class-based theory, students will have the opportunity to learn a variety of data-capture and creative communication techniques, including: safe drone operation, high quality audio-visual recording, video editing, digital mapping, and graphic design for marketing, interpretation and public engagement.
School Social Sciences
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 6 subject
A basic understanding of marketing principles is desirable.
After successful completion of this subject, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an ability to capture data and communicate creatively through a number of techniques.
2. Capture audio and video material and edit these into a professional video.
3. Create simple maps using specialist software.
4. Analyse spatial data for the purposes of operational planning.
5. Use graphic design principles and software to create marketing and interpretation materials.
1. Different data capture and creative communication techniques for the tourism, heritage and visitor experience economies sectors.
2. Audio-visual editing skills using Adobe Premiere Rush (free software).
3. Operational mapping skills using Geographical Information Systems (GIS).
4. Graphic design of marketing and interpretation materials using Adobe Illustrator.
5. Professional communication with industry partners to co-design resources that fulfil a business need.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Applied Project||3 minute edited video (Equivalent to 750 words)||30||N||Individual|
|Applied Project||1,000 words||30||N||Individual|
- There is no set text for this subject. A weekly reading list with links to readings will be made available on vUWS.
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Donna James Opens in new window