BLDG 2014 Work-Integrated Learning in Sustainable Construction
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 301429
Coordinator Sepani Senaratne Opens in new window
Description In this unit, students will engage in project-based learning related to Sustainable Construction to practice sustainable approaches in real construction projects. Students will select a project with an agreed industry partner, which will involve sustainable construction practices, for example: sustainability assessments, managing green building projects, carbon emission assessments, cost-benefit analysis and the circular economy. This unit contributes towards the skills required for a work-ready graduate and allows the student to plan, undertake and report on a specific aspect of practice in the context of work.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Discipline Building Construction Management
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in 3782 Bachelor of Construction Management Advanced (Honours) AND have applied and selected by a partner organisation before enrolling in this subject.
- Manage various aspects of a project related to Sustainable Construction, including planning and implementation, to produce agreed deliverables that align with feedback
- Conduct research on the theoretical basis on the selected sustainable construction project demonstrating ethical, digital and information literacy
- Reflect on the learning and professional development achievements related to the selected sustainable construction project
- Apply communication and collaboration skills through the selected sustainable construction project and the workplace
- Integrate appropriate sustainability principles skills into the construction management context
-managing green building projects,
-carbon emission assessments,
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Report||2000 words plus an agreed deliverable||50||N||Individual|