NURS 7022 Ethics in Health Research
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 400975
Coordinator Evan Atlantis Opens in new window
Description This unit equips students to explore ethical issues impacting on the conduct of research in the health setting. Students will critically explore ethical issues and their implications in health research, understand the process of gaining Human Research Ethics Approval for research, gain practical experience of developing an ethically sound research plan and application for human ethics approval.
School Nursing & Midwifery
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
- Identify ethical issues in health research related to dealing with human participants.
- Describe ethical issues related to research conduct.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the process for gaining approval to conduct research with human subjects.
- Plan research demonstrating ethical conduct.
- Develop an application for human ethics approval.
- Demonstrate highly developed skills as a self-reliant learner to effectively communicate in groups and teams.
Ethics in dealing with human participants
Ethics in research conduct
Strategies for dealing with ethical issues in human research
Approval for research involving humans
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Assessment 1: Critical response to ethics scenario||2,000 words||50||N||Individual|
|Assessment 2: Development of an application for human ethics approval||2,250 words||50||N||Individual|
|Assessment 3: Asynchronous discussion board participation||250 words each||S/U||Y||Individual|
- There is no essential textbook.