INFS 3006 Emerging Trends in Information Systems
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 300584
Coordinator Ana Hol Opens in new window
Description This unit provides a means for students to self-reflect on their future career and their possible involvement in the field of Information Systems and explore the changing nature of information systems in organisations via one of the following: engagements with local businesses, specifically crafted study tours or focused internships. In this unit students will study the role that emerging technologies play in selection, design and development of information systems. Students will be able to research and assess new technologies while networking and engaging with real life businesses, as well as develop and introduce effective strategies for achieving change and improvement that can be delivered by successfully implementing emerging technologies.
School Computer, Data & Math Sciences
Discipline Information Systems
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
- Review and analyse current and emerging trends in Information System technologies as well as implementation challenges;
- Analyse requirements and develop plans for IS applications and integration of systems;
- Examine the roles and suitability of developing business intelligence and data mining strategies for IS applications;
- Identify issues related to IS in organisations;
- Examine and evaluate collaborative IS technologies and applications;
- Develop a set of skills for applying strategies in future career settings;
- Review, analyse and summarise current literature in selected topic areas in ICT discipline.
- Planning for system integration, changes and integrations;
- Factors relating to business intelligence, big data, web mining, and utilisation of sensor technologies;
- Personalisation of IS applications;
- Transforming organisations through IS: business models, measuring effectiveness and strategies;
- Globalisation of the IS business environment;
- Contemporary issues in IS: legal, ethical, social, regulatory, security;
- Emerging trends in eTransformation and eCollaboration;
- job readiness.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Assignment 1||2000 words||30||N||Individual|
|Assignment 2||15 minute presentation||30||N||Group|
|Assignment 3||3-5 min video and 1A4 PowerPoint Page||40||N||Individual|
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Subject Contact Ana Hol Opens in new window
Sydney City Campus - Term 2
Subject Contact Antoinette Cevenini Opens in new window