ECON 4001 Advanced Analysis and Interpretation
Credit Points 10
Coordinator Suzan Burton Opens in new window
Description Building on the introduction to the analysis of qualitative data presented in the core unit Research Design 1: Theories of Enquiry this unit, Advanced Analysis and Interpretation, will provide candidates with the techniques necessary to use, analyse and interpret qualitative data in business research. Presented as a series of seminar-workshops, candidates consider the theories that underpin the employed analytical methods, and then move to employ introduced qualitative software tools to analyse and interpret research data.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 4 subject
Co-requisite(s) HUMN 4009
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in program 8083 Bachelor of Research Studies/Master of Research.
- Describe a range of possible research methodologies used to analyse and interpret qualitative business data.
- Outline the theoretical basis for the methods of analysis they employ in research.
- Employ a range of software tools for qualitative data analysis.
- Critique researchers�f data analysis and interpretation methods.
- Plan and undertake the analysis of qualitative business data.
- Defend their methodological choices in a research proposal.
- Demonstrate proficiency in citing and referencing a variety of sources.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Critical Review||1,000 words||20||N||Individual|
|Report||1,500 words equivalent||40||N||Individual|
2022 Semester 2
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Suzan Burton Opens in new window
Attendance Requirements 80% attendance rate is imposed in all core subjects’ due to the nature of class activities that are aligned with subject assessments.