MATH 7015 Statistics for Accountants (PG)
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200424
Coordinator Kenan Matawie Opens in new window
Description Statistics for Accountants introduces the basic concepts and techniques for statistical inference and decision making in a business context.
School Computer, Data & Math Sciences
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate Business program.
Mathematics to the HSC level.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- organise, summarise and graph data appropriately;
- apply probability and risk measures to solve business decision making problems;
- formulate economic and financial hypotheses into statistically testable forms and carry out tests of hypotheses accordingly;
- derive confidence intervals for unknown population parameters
- identify the underlying assumptions associated with each statistical technique; be able to carry out the technique and interpret the results
- employ appropriate statistical methods and techniques for statistical analysis and forecasting;
- use one or more statistical analysis packages.
Data presentation, descriptive statistics and index numbers
Probability, probability distributions and decision analysis
Statistical inferences -estimation
Statistical inferences - hypothesis testing
Linear regression and correlation analysis
Analysis of categorical data
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Final Exam||2 hours||50||N||Individual|