JUST 3009 Information Systems Ethics and Law
Legacy Code CP308A
Coordinator Kathryn Adams Opens in new window
Student Contribution Band
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Students enrolled in program 2502 - Bachelor of Laws (Non graduate entry) must obtain permission to enrol in this subject.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Describe the manner in which the internet and e-commerce has developed and is legally regulated.
- Explain the main legal principles and concepts and associated terminology that impact on the internet and e-commerce.
- Describe the contemporary limits of, and challenges to, regulation of the internet.
- Discuss the legal and ethical responsibilities of information systems professionals
- Apply their understanding of legal concepts to analysing and solving practical problems.
Basics of legal system and conceptual framework of subject.
Domain Names and Trade Marks.
Authentication and Electronic Signatures