BLDG 7001 Advanced Contract Management
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 301188
Coordinator Robert Osei-Kyei Opens in new window
Description This unit introduces various contract types and risks involved in construction project management. The unit extends to examining contractual claims management and procedures together with alternative dispute resolution methods. The unit will further help students to understand change management process and develop a change management plan.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
Basic knowledge of construction management.
- Compare various forms of contracts and their risks distribution among construction parties
- Analyse project documentations and records associated with project contracts
- Develop a change management plan for a construction project
- Evaluate contractual claims and their management process within construction projects
- Recommend an alternative dispute resolution method in case of a construction dispute
Project documentation and records
Managing changes in construction
Alternative Dispute Resolution
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Report (Contracts)||2000 words||20||N||Individual|
|Professional Task (variation claims & disputes)||4000 words||40||N||Both (Individual & Group)|
|Report - Professional Task||3000 words||40||N||Individual|
2022 Semester 1
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Robert Osei-Kyei Opens in new window