PERF 3029 Music Project 3: Intercultural Interactions
Credit Points 10
Coordinator Hilary Maclean Opens in new window
Description This unit provides students with the opportunity for industry experience in applied professional contexts, which include collaboration with musicians and ensembles from diverse communities in relation to the UN cultural diversity mandate. Activities such as performance, composition, teaching, sound engineering, music administration and other industry-related work will occur in integrated learning contexts and/or placement opportunities that have practical creative or project management outcomes. This unit provides training in music business and personal branding, and allows students to work as individuals or in groups to build on skills and knowledge developed through their degree.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Equivalent Subjects PERF 3019 - Professional Music Project PERF 3012 - Music Project PERF 3026 - Applied Professional Music Contexts
- Present a professional online profile with an intercultural diversity mandate or purpose.
- Plan and execute an intercultural creative project in a workplace and/or community context.
- Apply knowledge of the practical aspects of the music industry and its diverse nature, especially across identity, diversity and pluralism, to creative projects.
- Identify and respond to a global intercultural perspective in industry/community project development.
- Apply knowledge of personal or group branding in a professional context in way that promotes social diversity.
- Those attending Art of Sound will be able to: Develop, implement and promote Art of Sound activities and projects, guiding and collaborating with students across the Music program to further progress leadership, advanced production and performance skills.
Technical and theoretical skills and knowledge applied to individual and collaborative work within managed project outcomes.
Professional communication strategies, including the development of a website with social media/LinkedIn profile connections.
Music business and personal branding knowledge applied to collaborative intercultural events.
Social engagement towards UN cultural diversity aims, especially identity, diversity and pluralism.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Professional Task||a) 1,000 words b) 1,000 words c) 1,000 words||45||N||Individual|
|Professional Task||5 minutes performance or talk with documentation||15||N||Both (Individual & Group)|
|Portfolio||a) 10 minutes plus||40||N||Both (Individual & Group)|
|Participation: Art of Sound||Minimum 2 hours per fortnight||S/U||Y||Individual|
2022 Semester 2
Subject Contact Hilary Maclean Opens in new window