LANG 3043 Indonesian 305: Past and Present of Indonesian
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 102331
Coordinator Mustapha Taibi Opens in new window
Description This is an advanced (Level 3) subject in the Indonesian Specialisation, which should ideally be undertaken after Indonesian 301 and Indonesian 302. The subject provides an overview of the history of the Indonesian language and its relation to the languages of neighbouring countries. Students will learn how Indonesian has developed as a standard language and how its spelling, lexicon and syntactical structures have changed over history.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Discipline Southeast Asian Languages
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Indonesian 301 or equivalent.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the history and developments of Indonesian
- Identify historical relationships between Indonesian and other languages
- Identify the linguistic features of old and modern Indonesian
- Discuss the relation between language policies and developments of Indonesian.
- language planning and standardization
- linguistic variation throughout The history of Indonesian
- historical links with languages spoken in Malaysia, Brunei and Singapore
There are inherent requirements for this subject that you must meet in order to successfully complete this subject. Make sure you read and understand the requirements for your subject online.