HUMN 7034 Research Project in Cultural Exchange
Credit Points 40
Legacy Code 102545
Coordinator Xiang Ren Opens in new window
Description In this unit you will undertake a research/development project in relation to cultural exchange with China. This may include professional involvement in a cultural exchange activity and/or a research project on an issue relating to cultural exchange. The activity will include researching the literature and interpreting this in relation to the chosen task in a research/project report. There is no class work. Each student will be supervised by a member of staff in the School of Humanities and Communication Arts.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 40cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Pre-requisite(s) HUMN 4010
Restrictions Students must have successfully completed 70 credit points in the Master of Chinese Cultural Relations or the Master of Cross-cultural Relations.
- Critically analyse historical and current Australian and Chinese cultural traditions that may influence current cross-cultural exchange activities
- Apply theoretical perspectives, knowledge and experience based on working with practitioners to developments in intercultural exchange
- Research issues relating to cross-cultural exchanges and events to resolve barriers to effective cultural interaction
- Design and implement communication strategies and a business plan in relation to a cultural exchange activity
- Develop and evaluate an innovative approach to cross-cultural communication and practice
Documentation of project and progress reports.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
2022 Semester 2
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Attendance Not required
Subject Contact Xiang Ren Opens in new window