BUSM 7026 Emerging Leaders
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200789
Coordinator Sheree Gregory Opens in new window
Description Developing competitive advantage in a globalised business context demands that leaders recognise the imperative of managing stakeholders during periods of significant and complex organisational strategic change.The focus of 'Emerging Leaders' is the development of skills and knowledge that underpins capacities for successful strategic partnering both within and outside the organisation. Engaging with the research and debates on leadership as they relate to current leadership practice and principles in various international and organisational contexts means these newly emerging leaders will be in a position to lead and ensure the performance of individuals, teams and organisations.
Discipline Business Management
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Students must be enrolled in 2755 Master of Business Administration, 2757 Graduate Certificate in Business Administration, 2762 Executive Master of Business Administration.
Students should be aware of the content covered in the subjects 200783 The Business Environment and 200788 Contemporary Organisational Behaviour.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Understand the context and nature of leadership in contemporary society;
- Critically evaluate and apply different leadership theories and models in a wide range of contexts;
- Demonstrate a sound grasp of the skills and abilities required to deal effectively with leadership challenges and dilemmas;
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment towards ethical principles and responsible leadership.
- exploring The complex nature of leadership/theories and Models of leadership
- Becoming A leader/team leadership
- Critical perspectives on leadership/leadership, power and ethics
- imagining The future of leadership
- Reflections and conclusions
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|10 minute presentation
- Book of Compiled Readings
- Northouse, PG, 2012 (6th or later edition), Leadership: Theory and practice. Thousand Oaks: Sage.