SPRT 3012 Sport Development Internship
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 401244
Coordinator Katherine Raw Opens in new window
Description The Sport Development Internship provides students with the opportunity to experience the practice of sport development in the workplace through a supervised placement in the sport and active recreation industry. Internships will allow students to relate their acquired academic knowledge and to apply their skills to real-world applications in an industry setting. Students will have the opportunity to observe, develop and practice skills in negotiation, problem identification, program planning, implementation and evaluation in a range of settings. The work completed during the Sport Development Internship also lays the foundations for the Sport Development Applied Project to follow.Students will complete a minimum of 100 hours of placement/internship as part of this unit.
School Health Sciences
Discipline Sport And Recreation
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Incompatible Subjects SPRT 3014 Sport Management Applied Project BUSM 3066 Sport Management Internship
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in 4741 Bachelor of Sport Development. Students must complete 160 Credit Points of core subjects and electives in 4741.
A developed level of knowledge in Sport Development.
- Integrate academic theory with real world applications in a professional setting.
- Evaluate the structures and processes employed in the planning, implementation and evaluation of sports development projects at the organisation.
- Identify and prioritize organisational areas for development and formulate specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely goals that support the development of sport at the organisation.
- Apply acquired academic knowledge and skills to the development of strategies to achieve set goals.
- Work professionally and effectively in a team environment to achieve set goals.
2. During their placements students will integrate the acquired academic theory in sport development with real world applications at their hosting organizations.
3. Working with their hosting organisations, students will also lay the foundation for the Sport Development Applied project to follow.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Professional Task||2,000 words||50||N||Individual|
|Professional Placement Performance||100 hours of placement||0||Y||Individual|
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Subject Contact Katherine Raw Opens in new window