GEDU 0013 Tertiary Study Skills in Science (WSTC Prep)
Credit Points 0
Legacy Code 700173
Coordinator Phillip Newman Opens in new window
Description This subject is designed to assist students to become successful independent reflective learners. It introduces students to a range of theories and concepts to facilitate the development of practical skills and personal attitudes necessary for success in tertiary study and beyond.
School Western Sydney The College
Discipline Learning Skills Programs
Student Contribution Band
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 0 Preparatory subject
Students must be enrolled at Western Sydney University, The College.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge about the theory and practise of what constitutes an successful independent reflective and lifelong learner in tertiary education and beyond
- Access and explore career opportunities in science and make informed choices about the future direction of their education
- Communicate ideas and information in a style appropriate to an academic or workplace setting
- Use improved interpersonal skills to become effective group members and develop a peer support network
- Locate and use appropriate educational technologies
- Online etiquette in an educational environment
- Variety of tertiary learning strategies
- WSTC Policies and Procedures
- Higher education culture
- Time management, managing conflicting priorities while studying university-level units
- Strategies for studying university-level units
- Strategies and skills for success in a workplace environment
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.