NATS 2039 Pathophysiology 2
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 401409
Coordinator Zoran Pletikosa Opens in new window
Description From 2020 this unit replaces 400267 - Pathophysiology. This unit extends the scope of topics explored in Pathophysiology 1 and is designed to equip students enrolled in health science courses of the School with detailed knowledge of pathophysiological processes evident in a number of key human diseases that are vocationally relevant to these students. Problem-based learning methods will be adopted in the tutorial component of this unit to help students develop crucial problem solving skills.
Discipline Medical Science
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Equivalent Subjects BIOS 2030 - Pathophysiology
- explain pathophysiological processes underlying disease;
- apply knowledge of pathophysiological concepts to a range of case studies;
- identify and discuss pathophysiological manifestations of disease states;
- apply problem solving skills in the analysis of case studies;
- relate clinical and laboratory diagnostic findings to pathophysiological processes;
- hypothesise likely outcomes of disease processes;
- explain the basis for common therapeutic interventions.
2. Endocrine system disorders
3. Urologic system disorders
4. Female reproductive system disorders
5. Integumentary system disorders
6. Immunologic system disorders
7. Haematologic system disorders
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Zoom presentation||25 minutes||20||N||Group|
|Case Study Assignment||3,500 words||30||N||Individual|
|Online exam||2 hours||50||N||Individual|
Subject Contact Zoran Pletikosa Opens in new window