DESN 3008 Interactive Design: Apps
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 102267
Coordinator Sarah Waterson Opens in new window
Description This subject focuses on design methodology for the development and delivery of interactive media applications (apps). Particular concepts addressed include conceptual integration and convergence of various media forms, screen design, navigational hierarchy and structures, and designing engaging interactive interfaces. General principles of interface, information architecture and interaction design will be introduced, alongside principles of digital media production.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Discipline Graphic Design Studies
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Pre-requisite(s) ENGR 1021 OR
Equivalent Subjects DESN 2010 - Interactive Design 1
Computer literacy including working in a networked environment on a Macintosh computer;
management, transportation and storage of digital information and digital production processes such as scanning, pdf production and file storage. Skills in design principles: layout, colour and typography. Literacy with image manipulation software - e.g. Photoshop.
- Design and produce appropriate screen design, information architecture and interface design for a mobile/tablet app.
- Produce a design document that successfully applies user scenario and user-centred design processes to project development.
- Develop and produce an interactive app that demonstrates the appropriate application of interaction design principles.
- Apply and select appropriate digital media formats and design processes within the project work, including planning, evaluation, revision and testing methods.
- Identify key issues in the app design domain.
- interface design, navigation systems and information architecture.
- interaction design fundamentals and methods, including user scenarios and personae.
- interactive and user centred design practice for digital media apps
- App design principles and processes, including planning, evaluation, Revision and testing
- Lynda.com software tutorials as specified.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Portfolio||1500 words and design work||20||N||Individual|
|Proposal||1500 words and design work||30||N||Individual|
|Applied Project||500 word report and 5 minute presentation||50||N||Individual|
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Subject Contact Sarah Waterson Opens in new window